Thursday, November 13, 2008

Angie

I've been thinking of my old friend Angie. I have tried to call all of the numbers I have for her up in Kentucky but all are disconnected or " no longer in service" according to that irritating mechanized voice. Now Angie was a special gal who loved to laugh and have a good time and she was my best friend for a while. I am not one to let friends go easily, as evidenced by my friend Deb who I have known and kept up with for 37 years, and Kat who I have known 42 years. Then there is Ellen who I have also known for 37 years. I do not take friendship lightly. These women are important to me and are as much a part of me as my glasses, or my arm. Hardly a day goes by that I dont think of them. Angie is another one of those. The difference is that she fell out. She moved with no forwarding address. No email address. Whereabouts, unknown. I have tried over the last several years to find her without any luck. My situation here is completely the same. Same phone same address same email since 1990. And so I have to assume one of several things. That she does not want to be found. That she is destitute. That she is sick or has died. I know no one that knows her anymore, so I have no way of finding out. This preys on my mind and heart and then I will make some more attempts to find her. This has been going on for years. And so with a heavy heart, I am going to cut her loose and stop trying to find her. Perhaps one day she will find me again.
Goodbye Angie...

6 comments:

Hannah Banana said...

Oh, how sad! I hope that nothing happened to her & perhaps she chooses not to be found instead. I completely understand...that would bother me too, not knowing what has happened to her. I hope you will hear from her one day again.

kgurley20 said...

Love your new blog Deb!!! You need to go ahead and start writing your book. I will surely read it! Hope your friend is well.

dragyonfly said...

Thanks Hannah, Maybe one day she will call...who knows. I hope so.

Hey Katie..thanks for coming by.

Cindy said...

What a sweet and sad story. I hope that you can find your friend or she will find you. I know how it preys on your mind and heart when you can't find someone you used to be so close to. Your blog made me think of some of my old friends and wonder again what has happened to them.

meili_lo said...

hi there...

i saw your comment in One Minute Writer so I thought of inviting you to visit my blog and answer some questions that I have there. It'll only take a few seconds...Would really appreciate it if you can.

http://shewritesyouwrite.blogspot.com/

thanks!

GardeningJo said...

I lost touch with a close friend when she moved out of state while we were co-workers, my life sucked then, I let her letters go unanswered, her husband cheated on her, they got divorced... It's been over 10 years since I last saw her, I've tried everything via internet and over the phone to find her and I haven't been able to. Now I'm married, living in a different area, I don't know how we'll ever find one another now! (If she'd have me at this point! I've missed her at times so much it hurts!

I'm sorry for your knowing this same kind of sadness.