Monday, November 10, 2008

Maiden, Mother, Crone

Maiden, Mother, Crone...I have been pondering these three beings who dwell within the walls of my heart and skin and am drawing down some truths about myself and the people that I have brought into the world. Truth is what we have when all other allusions are thin and tattered. Truth is hiding in the back, waiting to be revealed. Truth must come eventually and it is, I have discovered, when the veil of youth is gone and you open your wise eyes and see. Maybe for the first time. Truth is a hard master.
As a mother of adults, I have always seen my children a certain way and now that they are adults, I see them for who they really are and have been all along. I am shocked to learn about the veil I pulled down over my heart and mind to see what I wanted to see. Sometimes disappointment sharpens the love I feel, but the mother's heart is true. I feel the waves like the moon's pull on the ocean, the tides of love.
Maiden-Mother-Crone. As I enter into the Crone phase of my life, I try to embrace all three goddesses, but find that the Maiden is lost in the worry and maelstrom of Mother. I don't believe both Maiden and Mother can survive at once, but as soon as Crone fully emerges, I believe Maiden will return, also and Mother can settle into a mood or background music....

3 comments:

Edumentor said...

Oh your post really did tug on my heartstrings. It was so thoughtfully expressed. I hope you will continue writing.

Hannah Banana said...

Very emotional! Thank you for sharing this. :)

GardeningJo said...

Hello from (Jo on) Chicks on Lit/GoodReads! Beautifully written!