Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rainy Old nostgalic Tuesday in Memphis


Very typical Autumnal day in the south, cool and crisp and wet. I've been cleaning out my closet and found a treasure box full of memories and have been wrapped up for hours, looking at my childrens hand made cards, bookmarks, and report cards, funny old photos and tons of greeting cards, letter and birth announcments, death announcements, marriage and divorce announcments. My deceased parent's 50th wedding anniversary party pictures where mother is pointing a large butcher knife at my father over their cake. They died a year apart.
All three of my children's baby books were there along with the faded ultrasound photos of something that looks like an amphibian back in the 80s and 90s. Nothing like the 4d ultrasound we have now, where you can see your baby looking back at you, which is kinda creepy anyway. I found lost keys and hair clippings and pictures of my old husky dog when he was young and crazy. Now he just obsesses about going out and coming back in and what is in your plate to eat. Of course there were pictures of younger me and skinnier me, also some of the fatter me. I didnt find any spiders or mice which I expected, but lots of dust and memories. It still is raining out there and cold but I think I will make a cuppa Zen tea and look thru this box of pictures that belonged to my parents and I have no idea who most of the people are. It reminds me to label my own photos, so in the future, my grandkids and great grands will know who they are looking at.
Peace.......Deb


2 comments:

Hannah Banana said...

Deb, this is one of my favorite things to do...look at boxes of old photos and things that bring back memories. Putting photos in order & labeling is one of those "to-do" things that I wonder if I'll ever actually finish! The collection just keeps growing & growing.

dragyonfly said...

I know what you mean. I have 35 years of photos I need to organize. Not to mention the ones I inherited. I will one day. I am slowly trying to find the backs of the closets.......LOL