Friday, December 19, 2008

Think of the last movie you saw. Write a review...

Well, the one movie that i want to talk about isn't the last movie I saw, it's the movie before that. So Im already cheating on this writing prompt...plus the actual prompt sez" In ten words or less". Hahaha...like I can do ANYTHING in ten words or less.

Since I am a rabid fan of the book, Secret Life of Bees, I had to go see the film. Now I love that book so much I have read it multiple times, and I know that the movie is never like the book, so I really didn't expect to like it.
I loved it.

Queen Latifa was the most perfect August Boatwright I could have imagined and no one but Dakota Fanning could have played the part of Lily Owens.
I took my teen aged daughter and niece and they also loved it. My daughter had read the book already, but my niece, who isn't a reader, said she wanted to read it now.

I just really enjoyed this chick flick and recommend it.

4 comments:

trosekay said...

I love the book too, but I haven't been able to see the movie yet. It'll probably be on DVD before I get around too, but I can't wait to see it. I'm so glad to know that you loved it even after loving the book. We all know that is not usually the case. Thanks!!! I wonder if seeing the movie would make my non-reader want to read the book. I've been trying to get her to read it for 2 years now.

dragyonfly said...

It might, Trosekay...how old is she?

GardeningJo said...

I'm so glad to hear this about the movie! It's one of my all time fav books and I was afraid they'd ruined it!

Hannah Banana said...

I have not seen the movie but look forward to it. The book was great.