Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Writing Prompt: "What are you waiting for?"


I have had a horrible day, starting with a rainy, cold morning funeral, and then I can't even verbalize the rest of the day. I don't think they make words for that level of frustration and disappointment. I wanted to blog and get some stuff off my chest, but I refuse to make this into a wall of whining. I wanted something positive something that I can feel good about something I can look forward to. So I looked to the faithful "One Minute Writer" prompts, going back a few days I instantly found the topic that I wanted to blather on about..."What are you waiting for?"
Of course this will take longer than one minute, as usual...

No matter what happens tommorrow, no matter what drama unfolds, I am going to attend my first Creative Writer meeting tommorrow evening. I don't have any idea what to expect but I am going. I decided in December to do this and I have procrastinated until the week of, to register. The leader has graciously given me permission to come even thought I have not paid for a spot yet. I have waited because I was unsure of myself and my level of committment to myself. I have waited because I'm not sure I have any talent. I have waited because I allow my family to dominate my time and my mind and keep me in a constant state of worry and frustration.
One of my promises to myself was to make sure I take better care of myself. I find my resolve is slipping away. So I am re-commiting to the goal of self care. My children will have to find their own way.
My only New Years resolution this year is one word. F.U.N.

If it isn't fun, Im not doin' it.

I Know there is more I can say, but I won't because it would cease to be fun.

Thanks for listening..................

6 comments:

Edumentor said...

I can't wait to hear about your creative writing group. I wish I knew of one near me, because i would LOVE to join one. Maybe you can share with us online and we can do it too. --teri

dragyonfly said...

Ok, I will be glad to share. She said I could start next week. Today was a "catastrophe day" and I just couldn't go. And I was afraid she would say no to the rest of them..but she was very nice.

GardeningJo said...

Kudo's to your creative writing! I was a part of a short lived group that met in person and it was an awesome experience! I hope yours is too!

Hannah Banana said...

I hope you're feeling better! I love your resolution & good for you on the creative writing class. I wish we had one here. I'm so glad I discovered the One-Minute Writer through you....thank you!!

dragyonfly said...

Thanks ya'll. I didn't get to go, but Im going next week for sure. Hannah, I can't take credit for the one minute writer, someone elses blog had it on there, I just followed the link. But isn't it a wonderful thing?

Cindy said...

Enjoying catching up on your post. I think you just gave me a new mantra: ...my children will have to find their own way...my children will have to find their own way..... Thanks! :)