Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stuffy Nose and Dust ...Achoo!!


I have waged war on my motes-turned-dunes of dust. Dog hair and dust is taking over and finding their way into my nostrils. My eyeballs even feel swole up. When I talk it sounds like its coming from somebody else way off somewhere and at the same time my ears are like wide open but muffled.
I really try to keep up with all of these offending things that make us sniffle and snuffle, wheeze and sneeze.
I used to have to take allergy shots as a kid. They used this thing that I envisioned looking like a old car cigarette lighter (remember those? You pop it in and it popped back out when it was all red and hot.) Anyway, they used that thing on my back to see what I was 'lergic to. Turns out, Im allergic to every thing that floats, spores, seeds, weeds, flowers, walks of four legs or even THINKS about shedding, pollenating or folliculating. I kind of got over it when I grew up, but every now and then, it gets pretty dusty around here and I am reminded.
I don't know how we got along without some things. Take, for instance Swiffer Mop and Swiffer Duster. Talk about AWESUM.... I would not go back to that old string mop now if it sent me a bouquet of flowers AND a Mercedes Benz. That Swiffer Juice that you spray out is the best crap in the world. I hope they never stop making it. The duster is amazing because you can throw it away, full of dust. AND my cat likes it. Yes, I said cat. For some reason, she doesn't bother me too much. But I think she probably adds to the build up and sends me over the edge of 'LergicLand.
But i don't put her in my face and inhale either...LOL..
The other thing I don't think I can do without is my electric screwdriver. I distinctly remember putting up curtains with my mother, using the old timey kind and my arms cramping up and the hardware being loose and falling down, then you get mad and put the curtains up anyway and they fall down or sag........and you arms are so tired you can not do anything about it. I will never be without my electric operated screwdriver. Well, I say electric but really its battery powered. Same thing to me. No wrenching and twisting and reaching up at the same time. Just aim and squeeze.....bRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT. Yer done.
Im done.

Keep blogging and slogging...........................

2 comments:

DaBee said...

Phyllis Diller says house work is a waste of time.
"Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?"
"If your house is really a mess and a stranger comes to the door greet him with, Who could have done this? we have no enemies"

GardeningJo said...

I have bad allergies too & I'm sure my kitties don't help at all. And one of mine loves the swiffer dusters too!