Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What do you hope is around the next bend in the road?


Good Morning! I have been absent from my blog for long enough!! I am going to do a mass posting...starting with the One Minute Writer prompt noted above....Then I will move on to more hopefully entertaining topics. Some time or other today, I will clean my house.

What do I hope is around the next bend in the road, eh? . Good question. Since this past year has gone by, I have realized many things about myself and my relationship with my children and other family. I still do not have the good 20/20 vision of it yet, but I'm getting the basics. Here is what I have learned, in a nutshell.
1. Things are not always as they appear to be. (learned)
2. Don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. (learned)
3. You can only change yourself and how you react to things. (learned)
4. You cannot change anyone else. (learned)
5. Control is just an optical illusion (learned)
6. Life moves fast. Don't waste time on regrets.(still working on it.)
7. Hold your true friends close and do not neglect them. (working on it)
8. Get rid of negative people and drama. (working hard on it)
9. Do what you have always wanted to do, don't put it off. (will work on it..LOL)
10. Money ain't everything, but it sure does help. (always working on it)
11. Grandchildren change everything.

So in saying all of that...I hope that the next bend in the road brings some positive things for my children, some good luck and fortune. I hope it brings me the courage I need to do what I must do to cut them loose to make their own way. I hope the next bend in the road holds for us all good health and that our country makes a rebound and the economy gets better. I hope the next bend in the road is smooth sailing and clear skies and happiness and health for everyone.

No comments: