Sunday, May 10, 2009

Graduation Celebration




Well, she did it!! She got her diploma and we survived the week. I am so pleased and happy for my daughter, she has marked one of several big milestones of her life. I hope she can one day appreciate what she accomplished. I know some people don't think a high school diploma is a big deal, but when you think about what all lead up to it...12 years of commitment to a goal it puts it in a different perspective. How many things do people commit to for 12 years. I can't say it was an easy road for her, or us for that matter. There were obstacles and she had the expected bumps in the road, but overcame it all and became a self sufficient learner. She taught herself how to find resources and ways to seek answers that were not immediately available. That is one beautiful thing about homeschool, is that you don't always have someone there with the right answer, and one of the most useful things you can learn is how to find out what you need to know.

We had some great tutors, too.

As for me, I loved having her home so I could spend time with her and watch her grow and learn.

Graduation is the end of one thing, but the beginning of another so we are happy and sad at the same time. She is now a woman and has stepped over that threshold of childhood.

I look forward to all the next milestones in your life, my sweet girl.

6 comments:

Lizzi said...

Congratulations to your daughter and to you!

Holli said...

That's so great...I'm happy for her!! And for you :)

Jo said...

Again, congrats to you both! You should both be proud of yourselves and each other!

lea goldberg said...

congratulations to all of you-such hard work but such a great result!!
write a poem about it slobbo!
best wishes
lea

Lora said...

Congratulations to both of you!

dragyonfly said...

Thanks guys!