Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My little baby girl Lindsey




My baby graduates next weekend and I am so proud of her.

She is so smart and funny and bossy, Im positive she is going to go far in life.


She knows shes a "whoops" baby, but I wonder If she knows how much fun I had with her. She is 10 years younger than her oldest sibling, and shes also my late-in-life baby. My other two kids and me sort of grew up together, and I was very self absorbed and trying to go to school to be a nurse and make some money for us to live on....so we struggled alot.


But, by the time she came along, my nursing school was over and I was well established in my job working weekends, so I got to spend alot of time with her and we got to be pretty good pals. I really am glad we decided to do the homeschool route, because who knows how things would have turned out if she had continued to have to fight her way thru public school in the 2nd most violent city in the US.


As a veteran homeschool student, she is good at finding resources and being an independent learner and self starter, some really good qualities in a changing world.


I have enjoyed being at home with her, probably more than she has enjoyed me being here. This year has been very different because the rest of the family is home all day now, so that makes the time we had together even better.
So this week we are planning a graduation for Saturday, and then a barbeque afterward, then it's off to Destin, Florida to lounge around by the sea and rest. I hope to have some sea inspired writing to share with any who would read it. At least I know I will have some sun and a belly full of shrimp.....

I can't believe she is all grown up.... She will always be MY baby.

7 comments:

green-bean said...

This is so sweet. Thank you, and it has been fun! I'm glad I have you as my mom. ♥

Holli said...

Congratulations to the both of you! Your daughter sounds like she had a great mom to help her out along the way in her life so far and that's as precious as gold. I'm happy for you BOTH!

Lora said...

congratulations to both of you!

there is nothing more comforting to me than knowing that i will always be my mom's baby, and i hope lindsey finds the same.

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

Ok, I don't know how I deleted my comment since I didn't delete it, but what I said was: Congrats to you both! Your daughter seems like a fantastic woman.

Brenda said...

Congratulations to both of you.

I homeschooled my oldest son for two years (7th and 8th). It was grueling work for me, but I loved every minute of those two years and won't trade them for anything.

dragyonfly said...

Thanks everyone...especially YOU Lindsey....