Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Most of my days are spent worrying. Why do I worry so much, I ask myself this constantly. How can I stop? Does anyone worry about me at all? Is this like some kind of genetic trait? My mother was a worrier. She was also very nosy. I am what I like to call, curious. But that just means nosy. My kids call me Nosy Nancy behind my back. Isn't every parent nosy? Nosy Nancy. Isn't that nice?
Well, I guess I resented my parents intrusion into my "life". I never saw the forest for the trees either. I wish I can remember when it all became so clear. When the curtain of delusional thinking lifted and I saw how things really were, and how it was going to turn out, if I didn't do something and fast. Thats when I decided to take my sister In Law's advice and my brother's advice and go to nursing school. I never wanted to be a nurse when I was small. I think I told ya'll before that I wanted to be an archeologist...but I just figured out that wasn't going to happen and I thought, ok, i gotta do something. So the rest is history, as they say.
But nobody warned me about this worrying thing. At least the part where you still worry about them after they are 20, 30, etc.
Now I get to worry about grand children, too.

Is there a pill to make you stop worrying? If there is I sure would like to get it prescribed.
For now, I guess I'll just have to distract myself. But when you wake up thinking about a thing and it stays with you all day, something tells me that can't be healthy. I hope I don't have a stroke over it. All my relatives died of strokes or heart attacks. Only one died of cancer and that was my mom, the worrier.
I am being really morbid, aren't I?

Oh well, just venting....nobody said this was just gonna be a happy poem blog. I have a rant blog too....but that is too personal to make public. People might find out how I really feel...LOL.

Ok, that's enough for now. I feel better.
Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

Jo said...

I'm a worrier too, as is my Mom. I am trying, really hard, to get better with it ~ it's very difficult. It takes a lot of conscious effort to not worry AND when you find yourself doing it, you have to consciously stop your thinking or do something you enjoy to distract you. (It actually helps, well me anyway, most of the time). Also part of what has helped me a lot over the last 5 years has been Hubby's influence. And my Chicks! We're here for you anytime! (Truly).

Mandy said...

I'm a worrier by nature as well. My mom was too...actually. My mom takes pills because her worry turns into anxiety. I probably should take those happy pills too but I prefer to come up with other ways to distract the constant noise in my head. Yoga, meditation, tai chai, journaling..they are my therapy. Find something that can stimulate your mind when the worrying begins and you will feel better. Don't worry about ranting, we all need to do it sometimes. *hugs*

teri said...

well um, this is probably tmi, but yes worrying can be a genetic thing and yes you can take a pill for it. In my case anyway, the answer was yes to both.

dragyonfly said...

Thanks guys...Im glad to know there are other people who do it, too. I mean I know there are, but sometimes it feels like you are the only one who is worrying. I have discovered that I am better at work, or away on a trip, away from the house. So that means I just gotta keep moving. LOL.

green-bean said...

Let me share with you a few quotes...

"Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it." ~Mark Twain

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." ~Unknown

"If things go wrong, don't go with them." ~Roger Babson

"Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." ~Benjamin Franklin

"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere." ~Glenn Turner

"People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them." ~George Bernard Shaw

"We experience moments absolutely free from worry. These brief respites are called panic." ~Cullen Hightower

"A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work." ~John Lubbock

Hope these let you know that you are not alone. And maybe it will give you some enlightenment?