Thursday, January 28, 2010

Memphis Urbanities and other items of interest.

I have been doing alot of writing lately and feel good about that aspect but feel like it may be time to try to pile some of it together for an attempt at publication. Now I have no idea if my insane rantings and ravings and ramblings are of any interest to anyone, but I have read some stuff that seemed random and disorganized, like mine. So i think I have a pretty good shot at it. A little book of poems and prose ramblings and so on.. What do you guys think?
Does anyone here have anything published and could maybe give me some advice?
I really have no idea where to start.

I have started a photo blog of my city of residence called Memphis Urbanity, and have been having fun taking photos of different aspects of my city. Please feel free to go have a look.

http://www.memphisurbanity.blogspot.com

It is very difficult to get good photos with my cell phone so I have started taking my digital camera around with me. It takes much better pictures, thats for sure.

Big bad weather is supposed to hit us tonight, and Memphis is trying to get prepared. I, on the other hand, am dying my hair. I guess I will get up after while and go to the store so I can say I got my bread and milk. What I really want is a generator. Now thats a good idea. We have had a few times where one would have been really helpful. Especially that time Hurricane Elvis blew thru here and left us without aircondtioning for 2 weeks. We had a big meat cookout and cooked everything in the freezer. I think we had just bought half a cow. After we finished up all the meat, we got in the car and drove to Detroit, Michigan to stay with relatives.

Day in the life.

No comments: