Friday, April 12, 2013

cure

watching you unfold slowly
jagged and edgy
a hope emerges
one so dashed upon
rocky shores
knowing your heart
you look through me
when you look to me
eyes see nothing
lost in a vision
seeking only
beautiful madness
righteous anger
and angst
restless heart
in a red haze
to stop is to die
to die is to stop.

to die is to stop
to stop is to die
in a red haze
restless heart
and angst
righteous anger
beautiful madness
seeking only
lost in a vision
eyes see nothing
when you look to me
you look through me
knowing your heart
rocky shores
one so dashed upon
a hope emerges
jagged and edgy
watching you unfold slowly.

Over at Dverse poets pub, In the Forms for all, we are playing around with pallindromes. its an interesting form where you can reverse your words or your sentences or your lines and it still makes sense...its actually a very fun form.


http://dversepoets.com/

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. beautiful madness is itself and interesting concept...i like how hope emerges again in the end as well...nicely done to form.

Bodhirose said...

I like that this form has lots of little ways to tweak it...you did a great job...I like your "cure" here. Yes, when we stop, we die...

Thanks for joining in this week.
Gayle ~

rowantaw.com said...

I read this over a couple of times going both fast and slow, and found I naturally sped up the pace, and liked it most as a fast paced read. I'm not sure if that's how you'd read it, but I really liked that it had a particular effect on me : )

Sabio Lantz said...


Nonsense in poetry drives me crazy -- and this form accentuates it for me. But it was fun experimenting. Your poem gives hints of a turbulent love. It doesn't matter what direction we read because each line is not really connected to start with -- it is a jumble of images. Almost like such a turbulent relationship may be -- without a coherent fit, only passion and turbulence.

Heidi said...

This poem made me uncomfortable, and I think it's because it reminds me of hopes for cures that I have for someone I love that sometimes get in the way of us connecting better. So I felt a little sad at the end but I liked the poem.

dragyonfly said...

Thanks everyone for you nice comments...once again I never know what to do with my commas so I don't use 'em....LOL.

J Keith said...

Very interesting, never experimented with palindormes